Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkin Non Loaf

Got home at a half decent hour because someone asked me for a ride, and I could not in good conscience tell them to wait till 7:00pm. Stopped at the new k0sher Subway on my way home and picked up a turkey sub for dinner. I hadn't been there before, and I'm glad my observant students now have a place to go and grab a reasonably healthy snack.

Once I got home I went on a cooking mission. Chicken breasts, Brussels sprouts, snow peas, and right now there's a pumpkin non-loaf in the oven. By non-loaf I mean that it's in a cake pan rather than a loaf pan because my loaf pans are too small. I don't like nuts in baked goods, so I removed those, and I had no pumpkin pie spice so I went freehand on the cinnamon and nutmeg. And I forgot to grease the pan, so it may not come out of the pan when it's done. Let's just say that my baking days are long behind me, eh?

Speaking of good things to do with pumpkins, Roussel has an interesting protein pumpkin concoction here. Canned pumpkin is at $1.18 per 15oz can, so it's pretty economical too.

Turns out there are security cameras in the parking lot, but on that particular day they were not pointing the way I needed them to be pointing to catch whomever hit my car. I called the insurance company and they said I need to go to the local police station, file a report and get a case number, and then call them back with the case number and they'll take it from there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if the car needs to be in the shop more than one day. I'll get a rental, but how will I get from the shop to the rental place? This is where a spouse would come in handy. :D

I am tired. As soon as the pumpkin non-loaf comes out of the oven I am going to finish up some grading and go to sleep.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Sometimes the rental place will come pick you up - they are used to this situation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home