Saturday, October 27, 2007

How to Save $17


Got to Boston yesterday, checked into the hotel and then decided to take in some sights. It was too late to go to the MIT museum which closes at 5:00pm, but the Museum of Fine Arts closes late on Fridays, so that's where I headed. Problem was, they don't allow bags, and they wanted me to check my backpack. I asked what I was supposed do with my laptop, and they wanted me to get a plastic bag from the giftshop and carry it around in that. Um, no, thank you. So I got a refund for my ticket and saved $17 by not going to the Museum of Fine Arts. Took some pics of the art outside the museum instead.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Crayons said...

Outdoor art. Cool. I want to reach right out with my seemingly tiny hands and form that huge glop of clay into another shape.

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

Odd policy. I work in a museum here, and the rule is No Large Objects in the Galleries. Because of the risk of damaging the artwork. So we would have asked you to check your backpack AND laptop (we have lockers for that purpose). Carrying around a large bag would be prohibited, no matter what was in it. Carrying around the laptop would be prohibited, no matter what it was wrapped in.

Also: in our museum, admission to the permanent galleries is free.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home