Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hopeless Romantic

The most romantic thing I've read this year:

Found at MMA Madness via Bloody Elbow: UFC fighter Brand0n Vera on how he met his wife: "I heard somebody beating on a speed bag and beating the hell out of it. I looked up and it was her."

Isn't that sweet? I've never seen this guy fight other than on highlight reels, but I hope he has a great fight at UFC77.

I had planned to drive to a powerlifting meet this weekend. I've never been to one, and this was a mere 4-5 hours drive away. An 11 hour work day on Friday followed by a massive thunderstorm Saturday morning derailed the plan. *sigh* I'm told there's a local meet on Nov 10, so I'm going to go to that one instead.

I went back to Gym One this morning after a very long absence. It was quiet thanks to the aforementioned thunderstorm. I was reminded of why I chose it in the first place. It's small, and the owner is nice, and it has a power cage. I checked when my membership is going to expire, and found I have till early November. The renewal price is good too.

47 minutes of cardio. I can't remember when was the last time I did that much cardio voluntarily in one shot. Ten minutes on the recumbent bike - there are no upright bikes - and then 37 minutes on the treadmill. I just kept walking and walking, ending with an incline of 5% and a speed of 4mph. I don't run on treadmills; I have a vision of flying off the thing and ending up as a Wile E. Coyote blotch on the far wall. I had a lot of things on my mind that I needed to walk off, and good songs on the shuffle. Every time I thought of stopping a better song came on, so I kept going.

Gym One shares an entrance with a spa, and on the way out, the women at the spa's front desk were talking about how a bakery had opened a couple of storefronts down, and some female gym goers were going there after their workouts and then sneaking back to their cars so that no one would see them with cookies or cake or whatever. I said that this was just stupid: sneaking around in order to have a cookie? Are you a adult or a three year old? You want a cookie, have the damn cookie and get on with life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home