Friday, October 19, 2007

Glum

I went and filed the walk-in police report this afternoon. Got a little lost on my way to the police station, but finally found it. The two officers that helped me were very nice. Nothing they can do, which is not surprising - I don't even know when the person hit my car during that day - but nice always helps. Standing there in the sunshine staring at the crumpled metal I could see that it was worse than I had previously thought. I've been avoiding looking at it because it upsets me every time I look at it. I was told that the official report for the insurance company will be available for download in 5-7 business days.

Glum as a marsh-wiggle today. Between my relative (I'm told they're trying some new chemo that has a 10-15% chance of success) and the car and students I am worried about and other stuff... clearly my stiff upper lip needs some work, because towards the end of the day my boss stopped me in the hall to ask if I was ok.

I'm just grateful it's finally Shabbat.

3 Comments:

At 8:08 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

I'm sorry things are so bad right now. Try to get as much relaxation this weekend as possible.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Mich said...

M@rla - things aren't bad. I love what I do and I'm healthy, everything else is gravy. (But I appreciate the thought, and I am going to max relaxation (um, sleep) this weekend.)

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Batty F said...

Hey Glum Chum. If you're carousing perfumeries, check this fragrance. I think Allure might not see it's 3 months out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home