Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Connectionless

My internet connection died last week and the earliest available service appointment was for tomorrow. I must be setting a record for number of technician visits. Back to the coffee shop and its free wireless until things are fixed.

Two 12+ hour work days in a row. However, today was a half day, and there is no more work for the rest of the week due to the Jewish holidays of Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah. Next week is a normal week and I am looking forward to having a week with no holidays. Yes, really. The Jewish month of Tishrei has several holidays and I am feeling a bit holidayed-out.

I'm deciding between staying with Gym One - the membership expires in a month - or going with Gym Three. Gym Three has a squat rack but no cage and no heavy bag. However, the location is superior to Gym One, the locker rooms are very sensibly designed, and the weights area seems woefully underutilized.

My employer has asked me if I'd be willing to go to Israel for ten days in Jan 08. It's going to be a ton of work around the clock for those ten days, but the prospect is appealing, and not just because I'd be in Jerusalem for two or three of these days and might have a chance to visit my old training grounds. (Which would be a huge motivational boost for me right now, and get me to train even on the 12 hour work days.) I've said yes, conditionally, but employer has yet to get back to me on whether those conditions are acceptable to them.

Having finished the Atlas bio, I am reading a book about neuroplasticity: Doidge's The Brain That Changes Itself, recommended by my sister. So far so good.

Interesting reading elsewhere:

Canadian health care on my mind because relative is still in hospital defying the odds.

A mother-daughter hunt.(via TFS Magnum)

A discussion of attitudes towards MMA fighter Gina Caran0 (via Bloody Elbow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home