Sunday, October 21, 2007

Baruch Dayan Emet

For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; -- 2 Samuel 14:14
Not the first time I've said Baruch Dayan Emet on this this blog, although once per year is quite enough. Relative died this afternoon, losing her second battle with lymphoma.
Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish. This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah. Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling. But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah. -- Psalm 49:12-15

6 Comments:

At 1:53 AM , Blogger Batty F said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Mich.

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

I'm really sorry Mich. The Psalm you have included is beautiful.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger BethK said...

I'm soory for your, and your family's, loss. Thanks for the link to the essay by Rabbi Heschel.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Crayons said...

I'm so sorry Mazpik Teruzim. It took me a while to understand the psalm, but now I find it heart-wrenching and beautiful.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Crayons said...

I just read Rabbi Heschel's essay. It is magnificent. It helped me begin to understand several things and I'll come back and really read it properly tonight after work. Thank you so much for linking to it.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts, everyone. They are greatly appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home