Thursday, September 20, 2007

Odds and Ends

I don't buy health & fitness magazines as regularly as I used to because I don't have time to read them. But there's one way to ensure that I will spend my hard-earned $5 on MH, and that is to put Jas0n Statham on the cover. The article isn't bad either. :-) This issue also has an interesting piece by Aragon about food myths.

My gym membership to Gym One expires at the end of November and right now I don't plan to renew it. I think I lost interest the day they took down the real heavy bag and put up the wimpy one. Yes, they have a power cage, but with the current left hip issues I'm not going to be squatting for some time. If I don't find a place I like and within a reasonable distance from home or work it will be home workouts for awhile.

I went shopping for fruit and veggies this evening and decided that I need to cut down on the protein bars. I love the taste of the Balance Gold chocolate peanut butter bars, but I go through them way too fast and they encourage me to not bother prepping real food. $4.98 for a box of six at the local Walmart tends to add up.

I have Friday off this week, so tomorrow is the last work day before the weekend. Saturday is Yom Kippur. The plan is to head to the local sports bar as soon as the fast ends and watch UFC76. No company this time. Unless some non-squeamish person presents themselves between now and Saturday night, which I doubt.

We have a guest from Brazil visiting at work, so I googled to try and find out how one says "welcome" in Portuguese. Didn't find it, but found this very useful study guide site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home