Tuesday, September 25, 2007

O Rage o Desespoir

Or something like that (if the link doesn't work, see Corneille's Cid, Act 1, Scene 7). Never miss a chance to stick in an overwrought literary reference rather than title this post "Rejection" and be done with it.

I discovered that there was a small powerlifting team/gym not too far from me, so I called them up and e-mailed and asked if I could come by. I heard back yesterday: they currently have 10-14 guys so there is no more space. So much for that idea. It's a private space so I respect the selectivity, but I were them I would have at least had me come by and have a look and meet the group, so that they could make up their minds on the basis of my training skills, not my e-mail skills.

To be fair, they did tell me that if I agreed, they could pass on my e-mail to another group that's starting up, and that group might have some room. So something might still come of this. I'm just mopey because I was looking forward to training with a serious group of guys again, and there was nothing on their web site to suggest that there was no space currently available.

In other news, I decided to go to Boston in October for another seminar. Some people use their disposable income to buy furniture, I spend mine on lifting seminars. :-)

3 Comments:

At 5:26 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Spending your disposable income on seminars sounds perfect. Oh, and books of course :)

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

Damn. Well, I would sour-grapes it, and suppose that they are a bunch of weasels that you wouldn't like anyway. Maybe they don't really lift heavy. Maybe it's just a front for a prostitution ring.

Can't wait for the next seminar, I learned a lot of cool stuff the last time you went. See, why should I spend my own money? :-)

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Scott - I think a two seminars in the same calendar year pretty much guarantees I'll be hitting the library for books from now on. :-)

M@rla - Glad to be of service. :-) I plan to blog this one too. And, being a fan of freedom of assembly, I'm only annoyed at the pl folks up to a point. Bah, it's their loss.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home