Monday, July 23, 2007

Strong As Samson

Not quite. But he's on my mind because as part of the curriculum workshop we had a field trip last Thursday: "In the footsteps of Shimshon," looking at the biblical narrative that appears in Shoftim (Judges). We didn't get back to Jerusalem till after 7pm, and by the time I got to the apartment, ate and drank something and grabbed the gym bag... it was 8:50pm when I arrived at the gym. I didn't finish everything I needed to do, so I came in Friday to do the deadlifts and ham curls.

Friday Deads (supersetted with curls)
6x31.5kg/69.4lbs
6x47.5kg/104.7lbs
8x62.5kg/137.8lbs
8x62.5kg/137.8lbs
8x60kg/132.3lbs
8x57.5/126.8lbs

The new program, which I will post soon, is still a four day split. The changes are: no squatting until the hip recovers; no cardio intervals (ditto), a 1/3 increase in ab work; and, the last set on each exercise is now a 4th work set rather than a cool-down/technique 50% set.

I need to do something about my abysmal pace. MiC says that if I didn't rest at all, I should be able to get through a session in 45-50 minutes, and that I should aim for 1 hour and 10 minutes, but no way should I be over 1 hour 30 minutes. I tend to take my time, and the main reason is that I love being in the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home