Thursday, July 26, 2007

Deadlifts and Dead Cell Phones

Today my cell phone stopped working due to an unfortunate accident involving water, and then I got to the apartment and discovered the internet connection wasn't working. So here I am at a remarkably noisy Cafe Rehavia at quarter to midnight checking e-mail. There's no land line in the apartment since all the flatmates have cell phones. Or, in my case, had a cell phone.

Between the stress about the (now averted) strike and the stress about suddenly having no means of communication, I suspect any strength gains I made were wiped out by cortisol surges. Kidding, of course, but my concentration at the gym was off. I did get myself on track once I got to the deadlifts, though.

Today's Deads
6x32.5Kg/71.7lbs
6x52.5Kg/115.7lbs
7x65Kg/143.3lbs
7x60Kg/132.3lbs
7x60Kg/132.3lbs
7x60Kg/132.3lbs
The last set really should have been 55Kg or 57.5Kg, but I stuck with the blue 20Kg plates because I was working in with another person and didn't want to keep him waiting while I swapped the 20Kg for the 15Kg. He seemed reluctant enough to work in with me as it was, but warmed up to the idea once it dawned on him I really didn't mind taking plates on and off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home