Monday, June 18, 2007

Woof

Gym was pretty quiet. Two young guys, a personal trainer, her client and the client's dog. I think it was an Irish Setter, but I'm not sure. Best gym addition ever. I wish I had a dog, but I can't afford the financial outlay (pet rent, dog food, vet bills and so on). I'll think about it once I manage to leave work at a decent hour for six months straight. :-)

Training

Day II: Back/Pull

Lat PD to chin (abwork b/w sets: standing sv)
6x45lbs
6x75lbs
8x93lbs
8x90lbs
8x85lbs
12x45lbs

Lat PD to chest (abwork b/w sets: elbow fwd curls)
6x45lbs
6x70lbs
8x90lbs
8x85lbs
8x75lbs
12x45lbs

Bent over db rows (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step f/b)
6x15lbs
6x25lbs
8x30lbs
8x25lbs
8x25lbs
12x15lbs

Seated rows (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step s/s)
6x35lbs
6x55lbs
8x73lbs
8x70lbs
8x60lbs
12x35lbs

M@rla's post today reminded me that I should try inverted rows. Next time.

After the gym I headed to a local coffee shop to meet a colleague for a study session. We spent two hours on various medieval commentaries on the book of Exodus, particularly Rashi, Rashbam and Ibn Ezra.

On the music side, two artists that I heard for the first time this week (yes, I live under a rock, so?): First, via the slide show at Chaotic Fat, I learned of Jenny Owen Y0ungs. Second, via Stinn's video of his recent Winnipeg meet (two PR's, cool!) I learned of The Mars Volta.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 AM , Anonymous Rick said...

Hey, thanks a ton for the link. I'll get one going for you back at our place. I love the name of your blog!

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Stinndler said...

Hey, I just found your blog from the incoming link(this is Stinn), I'll check it out from now on.
Where in Canada were you originally from?

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Stinn - I'm originally from Toronto, although when I go back to Canada I would like to be further west.

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Stinndler said...

Further west...sounds like me in good ol' Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home