Monday, June 25, 2007

Wet Ceilings and Quads

Stayed home all morning and maintenance did not come by. I went to the office and the lady was apologetic and said she'd tell them again. So I head out about my daily business, get home late and find a note from maintenance on my door: "The people above you are showering without shower curtain. When ceiling dry we will paint."

Charming neighbors I have, no? Although I am not at all sure that maintenance knows what they're doing. Their note has a 9:00am time noted on it, which is a complete lie because I was home at 9:00am. So does that mean I can shower without endangering the ceiling, or that I need to stay out of the shower until the painting is done? Guess who's paying another visit to the management office tomorrow morning? *sigh*

Training Day III: Quads and Other Stuff

Lying Cable Rows (abwork b/w sets: lying sv)
6x35lbs
6x50lbs
7x66lbs
7x63lbs
7x60lbs
12x35lbs

Upright DB Rows (abwork b/w sets: side curls off roman chair)
6x12lbs
6x20lbs
7x25lbs
7x20lbs
7x15bs
12x12lbs

Squats (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step f/b)
6x50lbs I'm under the bar, focused, braced and just about to unrack when gym person comes by and chirps at me "Do you need a spotter?" And the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "For this?" First, what is the world coming to when people assume a woman can't handle 50lbs? And second, I'm in a power cage, the whole point of which is that I can let the supports catch the bar if it gets too heavy for me.
6x80lbs
7x100lbs
7x95lbs
7x85lbs
12x50lbs

Step Ups (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step s/s)
6x pinch gripping two 10 lbs plates (one per hand)
6x holding a 25 lbs plate
7x holding a 35 lbs plate
7x holding a 25 lbs plate
7x pinch gripping two 10 lbs plates (one per hand)
12x holding a 12 lbs db in each hand.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger neca said...

Where are those chirpy gym workers when some 7 foot doofus has left a half dozen 100 pound plates on the bar and its higher than my head?? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home