Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday Training

Another morning session. It works well as long as I am up and about at least two hours before I get to the gym.
Training

Day IV: Hams and Other Stuff

Bicep curls (abwork b/w sets: stomach vacs)
6x17lbs
6x22lbs
3x8x27lbs Kept all three sets the same b/c I didn't want to increment by 5lbs.
12x17lbs

Lying cable curls (abwork b/w sets: leg lifts bench)
6x35lbs
6x60lbs
8x73lbs Used a 3lb db on top of the weight stack.
8x60lbs
8x60bs
12x35lbs

Deads (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step f/b)
6x60lbs
6x100lbs
8x125lbs
8x115lbs
8x115lbs
12x60lbs

Ham Curls (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step s/s)
6x35lbs
6x55lbs
3x8x70lbs Again, kept three sets the same b/c I didn't want to increment by 5lbs.
12x35lbs

Studying with my colleague again tonight. More of the book of Exodus.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Do you notice any difference in back soreness the day after doing things like deads in the morning? I know that the back takes a while to 'work up to full strength' each day, but I'm not sure whether that's in minutes or hours.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Mich said...

I haven't noticed any difference, but that might be because I'm rarely sore these days, and when I am it's mostly abs.

For me, it's not the physical strength that's not there in the morning, but the mental focus. If I try to exercise 30 minutes after wakeup - roll out of bed and into a power cage, so to speak - I feel mentally lethargic, as if the mind and body aren't syncing perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home