Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday Training

The goal for today was to get through everything, however long it took. It took close to two hours, because I was trying different weights trying to figure out how far to push. A nice group of people in the gym today, including red bandanna guy, and a kid who went out in the parking lot in the sweltering heat and did what looked like football drills. There's hope for the next generation. :-)

Training

Day III: Quads and Other Stuff

Lying Cable Rows (abwork b/w sets: lying sv)
6x25lbs
6x40lbs
10x55lbs
10x60lbs Easy. Will try 70lbs next time.
10x60lbs
12x35lbs

Upright DB Rows (abwork b/w sets: side curls off roman chair - ow)
6x8lbs
6x12lbs
10x15lbs
10x20lbs I wanted a pair of 17.5 dbs, but the gym doesn't have them.
10x15bs
12x10lbs

Squats (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step f/b)
6x50lbs
6x70lbs Felt a sharp twinge at the top of my left thigh. Stopped and stretched again and it went away. But I lost my concentration.
10x90lbs
10x75lbs
10x70lbs Got my concentration back. Smooth and controlled on ascent and descent.
12x50lbs

Step Ups (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step s/s)
6x no weight Still wiped out from the squats+cardio minutes.
6x no weight
10x holding 10lbs plate
10x 10lbs Here it dawns on me that 10lbs was too light.
10x 25lbs
12x 10lbs Counted these out loud - twelve left, twelve right. Did the last cardio minute and floated to my car on endorphins.

The good: remembered to bring post workout food.
The bad: forgot to bring flipflops for shower.
The ugly: the max squat set, which is why I dropped the weight sharply to get my form back.

Looking forward to deads tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home