Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shaking My Head

I made the mistake of checking the web for news "just one more time" before going to sleep last night, and ended up staying awake and on-line till 3:40am, following the Ben0it story. I was a wrestling fan for a long time, until I gave up television and the WWF/E gutted the women's division and replaced simple good vs. evil story lines with raunch & sleaze story lines. Still gleaned info from the web occasionally, and the knowledge came in handy connecting with some middle schoolers who were shocked to find that I knew anything about it. So to say that I was stunned by yesterday's news would be an understatement. I enjoyed Ben0it's work because he worked hard consistently in the ring, regardless of whether he faced a beginner or a fellow star, and because he came across as a quiet, no frills Canadian. And now this. I can't fathom the evil that is needed to murder one's spouse and child. Watched the various tribute clips recorded before details had emerged, this one was hardest to watch.

So today was unexpectedly difficult. I got very little done before I got to the gym and when I was finally in the gym I kept losing concentration during my sets.

Training Day IV: Hams and Other Stuff

Bicep curls (abwork b/w sets: stomach vacs)
6x17lbs
6x27lbs
7x32lbs
7x27lbs
7x22lbs
12x17lbs

Lying cable curls (abwork b/w sets: leg lifts bench)
6x35lbs
6x60lbs
7x73lbs Used a 3lb db on top of the weight stack.
7x70lbs
7x60bs
12x35lbs

Deads (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step f/b)
6x65lbs
6x105lbs
7x130lbs
7x120lbs
7x115lbs
12x65lbs

Ham Curls (cardio b/w sets: 1 min step s/s)
6x40lbs
6x60lbs
7x80lbs
7x75lbs One of the strolling women - by which I mean the ones that stroll from machine to machine and do symbolic sets while gaping at 0prah - came by as I was doing these and said to me dismissively: "Circuit training, I used to do that, jumping around." Ok then. Thank you for sharing. :-)
7x75lbs
12x40lbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home