Thursday, May 10, 2007

Zoo

This picture is not me. Well, maybe me when I don't get enough sleep... :-) When I took this picture the bear had emerged from the water and had just finished shaking itself dry. The field trip was great but it did tire me out. I think walking around the St. Louis Zoo was the main culprit, but it was fun, and I took several pictures. Of course with the shutter lag it took several attempts before I finally had ones of the bear and the bird that I liked.
Today I actually sat down a couple of times while teaching, which I almost never do. My seniors wrote their final exam today; everyone else's exams start the 18th. Fortunately my exam is the first one on the schedule. Last semester it was among the last. This time I plan to grade all day Sunday and enter all my grades on Monday.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

I love the flamingoes! Now, why were you so tired? Did I miss something? Or was it because, as you said, you didn't get enough sleep?

I'm finally back to normal after what was probably a cold. Terribly frustrating to be laid up for a week. I'm read Venetia while laying around; it made me think of you.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Mich said...

The tired part is due to those three days spent with the 7th graders. :-)

Good to hear you're back to health. Venetia was a good one. Have you read An Infamous Army? I've just realized I've somehow missed that one.

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Haven't seen An Infamous Army. I know I don't have all her books, just most of them. There are some--more historical novel than romance--that are harder to find.

The first one I ever read was The Reluctant Widow, and boy is that a good story. Even Bucko read it and enjoyed it. I see that some or all of her books are being republished, I guess I should start looking for the ones I'm missing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home