Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fight Report Later

I went to the local bar to watch the fight. Remember that the first time I went to watch ufc there, they put me next to a nice young couple, the second time next to an annoying drunk, the third time behind a pillar, and this time they managed to forget about my reservation entirely. I can hardly wait to see what they'll do for the next card. I really should acquire some friends who own a tv and get them to host a fight night. I'll bring the crudites and protein shakes.

I had made the reservation in person on Friday, and it was right there on the laminated chart: "MC - one person - paid", but according to the puzzled folks at the door, either the person who created the seating chart forgot to add me, or they added me but a confused waitperson gave my seat to another party who needed the extra chair. Lovely. Trying to solve the situation, blonde waitperson with an overly short skirt sends me to the table at the farthest corner of the room, claiming there is space there. Fortunately, the nice people at that table informed me it was full. Back to the reservation geniuses at the front door. Thanks to a different waitperson, I got a seat at a table closest to the largest screen. Actually, way too close to the largest screen, so that I spent the evening with my head tilted back at an uncomfortable angle, but at least it was better than the corner.

I am super-tired, so the report will have to wait till tomorrow. I can't say I'm happy with the results of this card, but I did enjoy the bouts and I like the unpredictability of this sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home