Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Alexanderish

Feeling a bit like Alexander today...

End of year luncheon at work today, which served as a recognition luncheon for those people who reached a milestone year (5th, 10th, etc.) as well as a farewell luncheon for the people who are leaving. Great people choosing to move on is not unusual in education, but that doesn't make it hurt any less when inspiring colleagues whom I respect deeply are the ones leaving. I had known about all of the departures except one, but the one that I didn't know about was like being punched in the gut. I pictured my corner of the building devoid of some highly experienced and calm-exuding colleagues, and I went to my classroom and started to cry. Actually, I started crying going up the stairs. I'm going to miss them so much. I was also emotional because I realized that my students didn't know about that last departure yet, and it would hit some of them really hard when they found out.

Chicken and salad for lunch, fruit and a brownie (1" cube) for dessert. But overall not enough calories, not enough protein, not enough H20, and way too much emotion.

A couple of my students came by today also. Most, thank god, before I got weepy. Next year I'll make sure I have tissues and foundation on hand before I go to the year end luncheon. Live and learn.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

So sorry for the weepy day! Unrelated to this post, thanks for the link about foam rollers - I've been having some pretty severe back muscle pain and I think that might be what I need.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home