Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thud

That's the sound of me landing back in Kansas this afternoon.

Nutrition-wise and activity-wise, not a good trip for me. No exercise, and every time I got stressed or annoyed I dealt with it by putting more matzah in my mouth. Carbs don't get any starchier than that... I don't usually think about weight, but I definitely came back heavier than when I left; I can feel the difference in the way I move. Thank goodness I had the forethought to make it a four day rather than a two week trip; I would have had to buy new clothes otherwise.

*Sigh*

On the other hand, I had an unexpected and fascinating conversation with my 80 year old step-great-aunt (not sure about the exact label, but she's a very cool lady) about a strength coach.

I also had an amusing conversation with one of my relatives who was telling me about his new house:
He: we have a hot tub, a sauna, several decks, a gym...
Me: what's in this gym?
He: a nautilus machine, an elliptical...
Me: sweetie, if it doesn't have a squat rack, it's not a gym.
He: what's a squat rack?

I couldn't resist, but was all in good fun, and I do plan to take him and his lovely spouse up on their generous invitation and visit them in their new house this year.

Back to the gym, to vegetables, and to egg white omelets tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Blogger Scott said...

'if it doesn't have a squat rack, it's not a gym.'

I like it :)

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger BethK said...

More than once I have returned from "family holidays" to *kiss the ground* at home. Glad you survived.

I have no doubt that after your visit, your relatives will be trading in their Nautilus for a rack, a bench, a bar and some plates. The hot tub and sauna sound sweet...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home