Friday, April 20, 2007

Seafood Rant

On another blog I saw a call to boycott Canuck seafood because of the seal hunt. Since I'm Canadian, I find this call disingenuous. Here is a link to the myths and realities of sealing, as well as a link to an aboriginal perspective on the matter. And those cutesy pics of furry white seal pups? Well, "The hunting of harp seal pups (whitecoats) and hooded seal pups (bluebacks) is illegal – and has been since 1987." But why ruin a good boycott with facts? I wonder how many of those calling for the boycott have Chinese seafood in their freezer and think nothing of it.

Just added "buy Canuck seafood" to my Sunday to-do list...

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger Scott said...

The call to boycott does sound a little ridiculous. I tend to buy locally produced/caught food wherever possible (to support both the economy and environment); though I'm not sure that Kansas is a major seafood state :)

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger neca said...

Maybe we should be more worried about boycotting Chinese wheat gluten. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home