Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blah and Bedding

I started feeling under the weather on Sunday around 11:00am. I had been feeling very productive because I had already done and folded two loads of laundry at that point, but things went downhill from there. At the moment I am very tired but unable to sleep, which is why I am blogging at this hour of the morning. :-) Throat is a bit sore, that slight soreness that could be nothing or the beginning of a full blown something. Bah. No gym Sunday or yesterday, even though I hear deadlifts calling my name.

My trusty airbed has sprung a leak. I fill it with air in the evening and by morning I find myself sleeping on a wrinkled floor mat. I'm going to try and patch it if I can figure out where the leak is, but in any case the airbed is retiring to guest bed status and I've decided to get a futon. I've always wanted one, but never had one during my college days. I recently visited a store that has nice ones with American made frames and mattresses. The last time I was there the store owner suggested that if one plans to use the futon for sleeping (as opposed to using it as a couch, a barricade or a deadlift platform, I suppose), one should lie on it for at least 30 minutes in the store to be sure that it's the right one.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Yeah, that would make a good barricade. I think the idea is that a lot of people use them for sofas, and rarely as beds, and that a futon which is comfortable for one purpose is uncomfortable for the other.

I think it's most likely due to the sofa-type frame they are on, that can't possibly be optimized for sleeping too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home