Saturday, March 17, 2007

This Blog is Two Years Old

Two years... here's how it began, and here's where I was a year ago. Thank you to everyone who stopped by, lurked, read, commented and linked. Sorry that the 2nd year wasn't as kick-butt as the 1st, but the 3rd year will be.

What does year three hold? Regular blogging and more details about both nutrition and training. This should enthrall some and bore others, but between the move and the new career I stalled this year and I need the accountability so I can stop treading water and move onwards and upwards.

This Shugart article at T-Nation discusses goal snowballs, and how it takes 21 days to entrench a new habit. I'm going to put in 21 days of blogging, starting tomorrow. That will take me from March 18 to April 3, so I'll be blogging right through Passover. I'm also going to get internet installed at home, which I've been procrastinating on forever, which should alleviate this "need" to go to restaurants that have wireless access. The only time I should find myself eating food that came from somewhere other than my kitchen is on ufc nights...

Speaking of food, yesterday's in-service day was uneven: spinach and carrots and tuna and apples and bananas, but also ice cream (dumb) and cola (dumber). In the same article I mentioned above Shugart talks about three types of fitness failures:
1. The all training, no diet person: Usually men. Defined as beasts in the gym and wimps in the kitchen. Twenty-rep breathing squats? No problem! Giving up McNuggets? Too difficult!
2. The all diet, no training person: Usually women. They'll do the strictest of diets but won't pick up a non-pink dumbbell to save their lives.
3. The lifestyle self-saboteur: Anyone who kicks his own ass with self-defeating lifestyle choices.
Me, I'm a combination of #1 and #3. I keep screwing around with my nutrition, even though I know - know - that cleaning up my eating gives incredible ROI. I also make stupid lifestyle choices, like working 12-14 hour days, five days in a row. Well, as the always inspiring Caustic Musings said on the Ides of March:
most of all, no excuses. I’m just going to do it and not dwell on deprivation, tiredness, or busy work hours, because no amount of supportive, feel-good coddling, convoluted rationalizations, and “Aww, it’s all right’s” if I mess up is going to get me to my goal.
What she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home