Thursday, March 29, 2007

Drama and Basketball

"That's all we do—always beginning again! Over and over again. Always beginning again."
That line was not spoken by someone starting a fitness program, but rather by a character in Thornton Wilder's The Skin of Our T3eth, which was this year's school play. I went last night and enjoyed it immensely. It is not a simple play, but my students are a talented group and I love seeing them rise to challenges.

My plan for yesterday was to practice basketball, but by the time I got my stuff together and changed into workout clothes, the outdoor courts were filled with children on recess from their after school program. Not wishing to scare the little tykes, I headed indoors to Gym Two. I got on the Concept II rowers (usually always free...) and did two 2000m segments. The first one was easy - duh, I forgot to check the tension level - the second was harder. Then I realized that the little doohickey that goes from the seat to the machine was detached, so my times are irrelevant. Doesn't matter - I'll be doing these regularly from now on so I'll post my times next time.

Curious as to what a good time would be on these, I go0gled and found this question, and via the answer, this website with 2000m rowing times for 135lb, 30-39 y.o. women. Now I have something to shoot for.

(Sidenote to SD: well done!)

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger BethK said...

I have plenty of room for improvement, then. Before I took my sick-break, I had just broken 11:10 in the 2000m program. That's with the resistance set on 10, but on the Concept II rowers we have at my gym, 1 & 10 feel pretty much the same.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Mich said...

I've just finished listening to a podcast that says the 1-10 on the Concept II doesn't have anything to do with how hard you're working. I'll post the link shortly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home