Sunday, February 11, 2007

Seems Perfectly Sensible To Me

I'm on the phone with a former classmate who's teaching elsewhere in the US. I mention that I'm planning to get a second gym membership for those days that I can't get to my regular gym before it closes. She laughs. What's so funny, I ask. Well, she says, you're the only person I know who doesn't own a television, sleeps on an airbed, but buys two gym memberships...

Ah.

I went today and actually signed up at that other gym. The weekend desk person wasn't sure what my discount was for working in the building, but I'm going to check back with her tomorrow at lunch time and pay up. Meanwhile, I have my id card ready to go. The lady who gave me the tour also said that they're renovating, which I hope is not code for "removing the squat rack and getting fancy shmancy electronic weight machines". To borrow a phrase from Mr. Heston, you can have my squat rack when you pry it from my cold dead hands... :-) The other nice thing about this gym is that they have Concept II rowers. When I visited today they were sitting empty and lonely. Tomorrow will be my first workout there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home