Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Regrets, I've Had A Few...

For example: not going to the away basketball games last night. The girls won by 17 points against a team they had never beaten before, and the boys won in overtime by 1 point. I keep thinking about the Ziglar quote: "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now". What I wanted now was to go to the game. What I wanted most was to do my job well: get my grading done and prep my next units. I went with the most over the now, which I know was the right decision. I've told students that you have to take care of your responsibilities first, before you get to do the fun stuff, so I should live up to my own rules. But darn it, of all the games to miss... Fortunately, one of the players came by my classroom this morning to give me a first hand account. Next year, I'm blocking off all the basketball games on my calendar as soon as their dates are published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home