Sunday, February 25, 2007

Frugal Accessories

My wallet fell apart this week and I headed to KMart this weekend to find a new one. I intended to spend no more than $10 on a new wallet and it worked out better than expected: I found a purse on clearance for $3.50 and a wallet on clearance for $2.50. Can't complain. I haven't been sticking to my budget lately. I finally decided to scrap it in favor of something simpler, namely, the advice Ms Slick received from her father as quoted in the current issue of Money Magazine: "He told me if I always pay my bills with one-third, save one-third and screw around with the last third, I'll be okay, no matter how much I earn". I just need to go to the bank and adjust my savings plan to deduct a third of my paycheck instead of the current amount, continue to pay my bills as usually, and have some fun with what's left.

I got a Day I Chest session in yesterday: flat BP, pushups, single arm pec deck and skull crushers. Everything felt easier than last weekend and numbers increased slightly. I've been adding amusement to the 1 minute cardio intervals by holding a db as I get on and off the step; anywhere between 20lbs and 50lbs total depending on my mood.

Gym was quieter than expected, probably due to the rain. Two guys came in as I was finishing the skull crushers and to my shock they didn't start with bicep curls, but began with bent over rows, upright rows, push-ups and tricep extensions. Then they did curls...

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

Mich, you will like this link:

http://billhartman.blogspot.com/2007/02/too-much-pink.html

You might have already seen it - do you subscribe to Rachel Cosgrove's newsletter?

sorry I sound like a commercial here...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home