Monday, January 08, 2007

Make That Four

Long and annoying day at work. I sat in the faculty meeting saying to myself, "Just don't say anything, because you're annoyed, and anything that comes out of your mouth in the next hour is bound to be negative."

I realised at the end of the day that I didn't have elastics or anything with which to tie my hair back. I thought about going home, and knew that if I did I wouldn't leave. Home is in the opposite direction from the gym. But I headed to the gym, and stopped at a drugstore on the way to get elastics and clip barrettes. I can always use more of them. They disappear like socks in a washing machine.

Four days, four sessions. Back in Jerusalem, when someone came back to the gym after a long layoff, man in charge wouldn't let them do their regular workout for a week. They'd do full body stuff for the first week, a little bit each day, getting back into the swing of things. I'm doing that now. Today was some light bench. I concentrated on keeping my shoulders down and scapulae together. I think I forgot to watch that the other day and that's why my neck was so sore, because my shoulders were trying to push it out of the way... Also did a combination squat and single arm press with a dumbbell and supersetted that with stiff legged deadlifts. Haven't done these for ages. I was standing there thinking, do I have any muscles that aren't sore? All I came up with was glutes, so I decided to do SLDLs.

My quads are very sore, and unless I am sitting perfectly still I feel them. Sitting, standing, walking, not to mention going up and down stairs... :-) Here's to leisurely and stately walking.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stilling doing the DOMS Macarena of Pain every time I move. We sound like we're 90 years old, groaning every time we get up (or sit down).

Do you ever have problems sleeping on workout days? I notice I seem to be squirrely and restless and my sleep isn't as good as I'd like.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Mich said...

M@rla: I usually sleep better on workout days. I float home on an endorphin high, eat something, and drop into bed like the proverbial log.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home