Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Voiceless

Among the things I miss about Jerusalem is how easy it was for me to have six training days in a row every week. Haven't had that since I got to North America.

I have no voice right now, which makes teaching quite challenging. I had a voice yesterday morning, and by the end of the day it went from Lauren Bacall to Kermit the Frog and this morning it was gone. How do you call in sick to work when you don't have a voice with which to call?

Seriously, this is not a good time for this to happen. Finals are around the corner and I am reviewing material with my students. Not the kind of thing I can delegate to a substitute even if I wanted to.

Blind date was ok. It is still very strange for me to go out and not be the heavier person at the table. The gentleman was nice enough. My dad says that you can't tell anything about a person from the first date, you need at least two. My aunt says you need three: the first for physical attraction, the second for intellectual attraction, and the third for emotional attraction. Of course, they might just be saying that because they have a daughter / niece who's an old maid. :-)

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

I think you should try speed-dating! Just because I've never known anyone who did that, and I want to know what it's like. I have to live vicariously through you single people.

I think your aunt is closer to the truth. The first time I meet someone, I might instantly like or dislike them, but it could be based on something quite small that is anomalous to their personality, and people aren't generally relaxed and "themselves" on a first date.

Do you have clubs or kettlebells in the new gym? I also want someone to try those out for me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home