Friday, December 15, 2006

Still Voiceless

Even a fool keeping silence is reckoned wise, he who is shutting his lips intelligent! Proverbs 17:28
The plan is to keep quiet this entire weekend, and, I hope, wake up Monday morning with my voice back. I felt worse this morning than I had all week, rather tired and queasy. Dragged myself upright and off to work, but did not have breakfast, because I did not think it would stay down. During the day I drank copious amounts off tea, and nibbled away at a grand total of two Luna bars, two bananas, one apple and one piece of dark chocolate. I felt better by the afternoon, but now all I want to do is sleep.

My colleagues were making fun of my lack of voice, saying that the basketball team lost on Tuesday because I wasn't cheering. My students are still being wonderfully cooperative. I suspect it's just not sporting to act up if I can't react. I still think that this week has been a good experience. I like talking less in class and having my students speak instead.

Got a message that my computer is back from the repair depot, so I have to return to the store to pick it up.

The lovely thing is that with the exception of today's piece of dark chocolate, nutrition has been clean. That's a bonus of being unwell, it's like a kick in the head to get the nutrition back to perfect to help one's body fight off whatever this is.

The gentleman of the blind date called me on Monday, but having no voice I couldn't pick up the phone. I asked the woman at whose home I met the amateur matchmakers trio to get a message to the one matchmaker who works with him, and let him know I'll call once I have a voice.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger turbotortoise said...

Hey Mich,
Thanks for checking in on my blog. I appreciate your encouragement. I'm sure tomorrow will be fine. I'll definitely post about the experience.

I keep meaning to leave a comment here. I have been checking in every now and then.

I'm really glad you found a good gym in your new location, and that your teaching job is working out well. One of my boxing friends (Ruckus) also started her first teaching job this fall, so it's been interesting to follow both of your journeys.

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Taking it easy and not talking all weekend should help a lot. I've also found that when I get sick, it gets me back on track, eating cleaner.

Take care...

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Oh yeah, he's totally going to believe that. "I didn't answer because I have laryngitis." Hah!

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Mich said...

TT - Looking forward to that post.

M@rla - you are hilarious :-) I'm going to call him once I have half a voice back, so he can hear the croaking for himself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home