Thursday, December 28, 2006

Rocky Morning

Went to see the 10:05am show of Rocky Balboa this morning. I like this movies in the morning idea: the tickets are only $5, the crowd is nice, and you get out and still have the entire day to run errands and do whatever you need to do. The movie theater was great: small room, large screen and very comfortable chairs. I loved the movie, and will likely go see it again since I am a sentimental idealistic fool for sports movies in general and boxing movies in particular. And as a bonus, the training montage was a joy: there were squats, there were cleans, benches, kettlebells, chains and chalk. If you're one of these people who needs to read a review before going to see a movie, TT has good non spoiler review here.

Blind date #2 was last night. As expected, it was pleasant but unfortunately no click. I was very disappointed by the restaurant: at the end of the meal, they brought the bill and put it by the guy. Hello? What effing century are we in? Put the damn bill in the middle of the table. *sigh* I picked the restaurant, but I'm not setting foot in there again. If I wanted sexist stereotypes I'd buy a tv.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM , Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I'm a sucker for sports movies too, and Rocky just hit all the right notes ... We don't have movies quite that early down here, but I always try to go the first show of the day around noon .. seems to be fewer kids with cell phones at that hour!

 
At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the sexist thing I really hate? When I pay for something in line at the grocery store and they give the change to my husband. One time the cashier actually tried to give my money to a complete stranger who was next in line.

But I noticed sometimes I do the same thing: when I was taking tickets at the museum, sometimes I'd take the tickets from the woman, rip them, and hand the stubs to the man. It wasn't deliberate, but I guess my subconscious was tripping me up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home