Saturday, December 23, 2006

Reading and Resolutions

Hurray for days finally getting longer!

Over at E-Strength Band, there's an interesting interview with Krista of Stumptuous. My favourite quote: "it’s been my experience that the scariest biggest guys in the gym are usually the nicest". I'd second that.

Friday was the last night of Chanukah, and my dinner hosts decided to give me a present of a chocolate bar and Baskin Robbins gift certificates, both of which will be re-gifted promptly. They also tried to have me take home a bottle of cola and some left-over brownies. Um, no. (Lo mit en alef, as a Yiddish-speaking former passing aquaintance used to say.) I told them that my lifting vanity prevents me from taking those. Also my new year's resolutions, which are being formed as I type.

Here's my draft List of New Year's Resolutions 2007. I'll post the final list on the 31st.
- In 2007, I will read at least one book per month related to Judaism or education. Which sounds like a tiny pathetic goal, but I mean in addition to whatever I am reading for other reasons. Plus, I want to focus on the Russian classes.
- In 2007, I will take at least six road trips and get to see some of this lovely country. First destination, Claremore OK. Second destination, the black hills of South Dakota.
- In 2007, I will stop dithering and vacillating about nutrition and move from knowing a lot about good nutrition to actually implementing it consistently.
- In 2007, I will order materials for studying towards personal trainer certification. No, I haven't figured out which one yet; I have several bookmarks on this subject that I need to peruse. Wait, no I don't, they died in the big hard drive crash a few weeks back. Oy. Ok, recommendations on certifications are welcome. I can't actually work as a trainer in the US because my work visa is only for teaching, but there's nothing wrong with getting a certification for future use and training folks for free.
- In 2007, as soon as this stupid cold goes away, I will give blood again. And, if they have the one arm procedure in this state as opposed to the two arm procedure, I will give platelets again.

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger NicoleW said...

Thanks for the link to the interview with Krista! Hope you feel better soon, and your resolutions sound very cool.

 
At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can complete the list in 2007 it will be one heck of a year. Which of course you will! :-D

Happy Holidays and an auspicious New Year from Finland!

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Mich said...

NicoleW: Thank you! I'm still thinking up a few more.

Kris: Thanks for the vote of confidence! I like that "auspicious" part. I think I'll start wishing that to people.

 
At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can't go wrong with 'auspicious'. :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home