Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bench Curls Tabatas and Laptop

I'm on a bit of a roll. Went to the gym Friday afternoon, had a great Day I: Chest session. Asked the trainer on the floor if I could change the music and she said yes, so we changed the satellite radio station to 90s hits. The strange thing is the me of three years ago wouldn't have bothered asking to change the music, but would have just gone along with whatever was on, or turned her cd player higher. After the chest session I went to the heavy bag with the aim of trying a Tabata interval. I've read about them in various place, there's a good explanation here. Gave up when I realised I had lost count. The stopwatch on the wall in the studio just counts up to one minute and then zeros again, and I had no idea how many I had done. Not many, obviously, because I wasn't winded, but I had wanted to set a benchmark and see how far I could get into the four minutes.

Woke up this morning with a sort-of-sore throat, the kind that could be nothing, but could also be the start of something. I went to the gym and had about 60% of my Day II: Back session. Cut it short when I realised that I was pushing pointlessly and quickly getting to the point of feeling like a rung out dishrag. I did get through six sets of lateral crunches off a bench, which made me very happy. On the last set the gym owner walked by and said "that's a killer exercise". Positive feedback at just the right time is a great thing; has the same effect as a GnR song interrupting a Celine Di0n medley. Following the workout I had a manicure and laughed with the aesthetician about blind dates and the people who set you up on them.

My computer is now in the hands of Apple. The gentleman at the store said 17 days, but that it could come back sooner. The young man at the store said they'd have to ship it out to replace the hard drive. I had a moment of concern while his computer told him that my computer didn't exist. "You must be an apparition," the guy says to me. I like people who use words like "apparition". :-) All resolved, and I eagerly await the return of the laptop with functioning harddrive.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

I'm not the first person to say this, and it's not the first time I've said it, but baby you really have to consider being a trainer of some kind. You've got so much to offer other people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home