Friday, November 17, 2006

Wed Thurs Fri

I was at the gym on Wednesday for some squats and some bag work. Thursday and today were parent-teacher conferences which went well overall. Water was good on Thursday but lousy today. Since the conferences went late on Thursday night, the PTO provided dinner for the teachers: pasta, salad, breadsticks and brownies. That wasn't the problem. The problem came today, when, after my one frustrating conference of the entire two days, I went down to the teachers' lounge and consumed two of said breadsticks. It was not hunger: I had tuna and apples and other good things at my desk. It was just pure frustration and stupid old habit reasserting itself.

When I was done for the day today I went back to gym, did some back work (two variations of pulldowns and some bent over rows) then hit the bag again. While I was there the gym owner put up a stopwatch that counts down continuously from 59-0 seconds. Very helpful for timing rest periods and jump rope intervals. Speaking of which, I did some jump rope intervals after hitting the bag, and (re-)discovered three things. First, sloth hurts, second, jumping rope is exhilarating, and third, I need a better sports bra. Walking around from powercage to bench is one thing. Jumping up and down is another.

The plans for the weekend are to do a lot of grading and go watch the boys' and girls' basketball teams play their first game of the season. I've never been to a highschool basketball game and I am looking forward to it. And of course get back to the gym so that I can start the real work on Monday.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Blogger NicoleW said...

Ha! I tried out the jump ropes at my rec center recently and had a very similar "Note to self: Wear the more fitted sports bra next time" moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home