Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bag

I went back to the gym last night to sign up. My initial plan was to only sign up for a month, and then, if the heavy bag materialised, I'd sign for a year. However, as I was sitting there in the office I decided that I liked the place. So I looked at the owner, told him he looked like a man of his word (regarding hanging up the heavy bag) and wrote a check for the one year amount.

Woke up this morning and debated if I should take the gloves with me or not. Decided to not take them, on the assumption that a heavy bag the first day is a bit too much to expect. Long day at work; one of my students was supposed to come by for help at 4:20pm. At 4:57pm I get an e-mail from said student that he couldn't make it... (I figured that out by then :-) )So I ate and headed off to the gym. And what is hanging in the gym? Yup, a heavy bag. The owner had already put it up.

So, I did a modified upper body workout. Flat BP, pushups, feeble and pathetic attempt at dips... stopped myself from going totally overboard even though I wanted to. This week is the get-back-into-the-swing-of-things-and-don't-be-stupid-about-it week. Tomorrow I plan to hit the bag a bit, jump some rope. Next week will be the back-on-program week.

God it feels good to be in a gym again.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

A good omen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home