Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Here Already

Seems I can have my exercise butt in gear or my nutritional butt in gear, but not both at the same time. This week was another good week, nutrition-wise. Lots of spinach and some broccoli, cottage cheese, tuna, and egg white omelettes. I found an Indian food store near my home and bought different types of lentils and spice blends with an eye to making some curries. Water could be better. Weight dropped again.

Two people at work made comments about the size of my lunch box. It is about three times the size of a normal lunch box. I usually say something to the effect of "Yes, I need a lot of food to reach my goals" or "Yes, it has to hold second breakfast, first lunch and second lunch".

I visited another gym this week. No progess on that front.

Very busy at work. Lower school open house last week, upper school open house this week, which means another evening on the schedule that I can't use for car shopping.

Still no car, but since the last update I test drove the Chevy Cobalt, the Chevy Aveo and the Scion xA for the second time. The latter two are my favorites so far. The Hyundai dealer is not open on Sundays; I only have the Accent remaining to test drive.

Bought a screwdriver so that I could actually assemble the desk and bookcase I bought last week. The instructions say something about it being "a fun and rewarding project". We'll see.

5 Comments:

At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Thus far all I've done is work...work...work. And first day tomorrow!!!

I don't even know how to say hello to these kids!!!!

=)

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Bud said...

This is obviously a big transition, and it will just take time. It sounds like you're making progress. Keep on plugging away.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger JuliaMazal said...

Congrats on the furniture!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Scott said...

I can identify with the 'either nutrition or exercise' thing. One of these days ...

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger K said...

About the "exercise, or nutrition, but not both" feeling: I have that too. Since I moved house (about two months ago) the amount of formal training I've done has been pitiful, although there's been quite a lot of painting and heaving furniture around.

Nutrition, on the other hand, has been very good. But I can sort of feel my muscles evaporating.

At least I didn't have to move country...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home