Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Good Bad Ugly

The good: nutrition has been mostly clean. The bad: no gym since Saturday. The ugly: looks like the apartment I had planned to rent in KC will not happen. Chalk this up to stupidity of management office; they've had my application for over a week, and only today, after several phone calls from me, do they deign to a. look at the copious documentation I sent them and b. tell me that because I am Canadian I have to give them a security deposit of $822 (about 10x the regular security deposit).

I'm flying out tomorrow so there will likely be no blogging till after Sunday.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Renting can be great once everything is in place, but getting it set up can be, um, interesting. Just think about that restaurant wifi.

 
At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Bud Gibson said...

We got dicked around the last time we rented (in Pittsburgh, 14 years ago). You might find better once you are on the ground. Perseverance pays also. We shamed the people who were being jerks, and one of them relented. After that we loved the place. Are you in KC proper or a suburb?

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Heh. "Because I am Canadian I have to give them a security deposit..." Yeah, you hosers are so untrustworthy! Never trust a Canadian, that's my motto.

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Scott - I've already mapped a number of restaurant locations with wifi close to both possible apartments.

Bud - A suburb. The housing situation will resolve itself eventually, I'm sure.

Mar!a - I'm only annoyed because they knew I was Canadian the first time I contacted them. You'd think that they'd tell me then that the security deposit for foreigners is that much bigger. Also, I went to another apartment complex today and the management office there told me that they have no problem running credit checks on Canadians. I think the people in office #1 were either ignorant or too lazy to run the check.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home