Thursday, August 17, 2006

Car Blues

Still no car. The Fit is not available until October due to massive demand. The Yaris was not comfortable at all. Whose stupid idea was it to put the speedometer in the center of the dashboard instead of on the driver's side? So now I'm looking at other cars. I'm going to test drive the Hyundai Accent early next week. My furniture budget is going towards car rentals; one of my colleagues is giving me a ride to and from work today and tomorrow, and on Sunday I get another rental.

The SSN has yet to arrive, and I don't get paid until it does. Maybe this no furniture thing could catch on. I do have a chair and a printer. The printer is sitting on the box in which it came. The next priority after a car is is a desk and a deskchair.

Exercise has been non-existent. Nutrition is clean, except I'm eating too many of these.I've really dropped the ball on water consumption, but that should improve as I get into a routine at work. I do bring food with me and I'm not buying anything at work. God knows what I'll be able to lift when I finally get into a gym, probably the bar. I'm morphing into a slug. Oy. A squat rack, a squat rack, my kingdm for a squat rack...

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM , Blogger JuliaMazal said...

October's pretty soon, though. Maybe a bike in the meantime? Heh. Do as I say, not as I do.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Scott said...

I know the feeling. There's plenty of stuff you _can_ do without a rack, but it just doesn't feel the same. Still, a bit of bodyweight stuff would keep things ticking over.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home