Sunday, July 16, 2006

War Linkage and Nutrition Nosedive

Go to Pajamas Media for war coverage, and don't forget to hum some Dylan while reading.

Katyushas, Fajrs, mortal shells... the radio is not reporting where precisely they're hitting so as not to give the enemy information they can use to improve their aim. Eight or nine dead in Haifa this morning from a Katyusha strike. Add Tverya (Tiberias) to the list of cities hit. Both Tammy Bruce and Victor Davis Hanson question the world's double standard where Israel is involved.

I am happy that I am in Israel rather than North America while this is going on. I much prefer to be here than to be in Toronto watching the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), because on middle east issues, I consider CBC to be an acronym for either "Completely Biased Coverage" or "Caliphate Broadcasting Corporation". I wish I didn't have to leave next Sunday. I don't want to leave; what I want to do is say the hell with papers and the hell with packing, and go up north to one of the communities that is being shelled. As Imshin put it: "davka I would go". But it looks like I'll have to settle for psalms and prayers instead.

Nutrition has nosedived since the war began, which is pathetic. You don't see the folks who are actually in the shelled areas stuffing their faces, do you? Between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning I had a slice of cheesecake, a slice of dark chocolate cake with rhubarb sauce, a chocolate filled croissant, two cans of Coke and six (6) small cappucinos. Precision Nutrition it ain't. Speaking of which, that's going to be my first present to myself as soon as I am settled in Kansas.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Blogger Scott said...

It's a delicate situation (that I don't pretend to fully understand), and it's interesting - if that's the right word - to watch how the conflict is being reported from various news sources.

I suspect that a few days of less-than-optimal nutrition isn't going to cause any major problems. Especially when your diet's usually pretty clean.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home