Sunday, June 11, 2006

Graduation

I wasn't sure that I would enjoy graduation at my non-Hebrew U school. For one thing, we're not really done. The people in my cohort are going to be busy studying till at least June 22. For another, I love studying there and I don't want it to be over. But I remember how much I enjoyed cohort 4's graduation last year, and I was looking forward to dressing up and making a speech and celebrating all the hard work of the past two years. But it was lovely. I wore a black skirt and a sleeveless top with white, black and what I thought were red swirls but someone pointed out they were dark fuschia. I got compliments on my speech; probably because it was one of the shortest :-). One person told me my arms were "buff". Looking at the pictures, they're nowhere near buff, but the idea that someone actually thinks they are makes me smile. (Empirically, I think buff = arms of the Sarah Connor character in T2.) I even hugged people, and my friends will tell you I am a non-mushy no-hugging sort of person.

As a bonus, I managed to squish in a Day I: Chest workout prior to graduation.

Thursday, June 8, 2006: Day I Chest

Flat BP (arch), supersetted with twist curls
4 x 26.5 Kg / 58.4 lbs
4 x 37.5/82.7
6 x 45/99.2
6 x 40/88.2
6 x 37.5/82.7
4 x 26.5/58.4

Dips / stomach vaccuums
4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4
"Progress" man-in-charge said, watching the three 6 rep sets. From 1/6 of a dip to 1/4 of a dip. I talk to myself when I do these. "Chest out, chest out, breath, lock..." Keeping my chest out is the most important thing. Until I started doing them I thought about dips as a tricep exercise, and they are, but they're also a chest and shoulders exercise.

Single Arm Pec Deck / 1 min interval cardio
4 x 16/35.3
4 x 26/57.3
6 x 32/70.5
6 x 32/70.5
6 x 30/66.1
4 x 16/35.3

Seated Incline DB Presses / 1 min interval cardio
4 x 5/11
4 x 8/17.6
6 x 10/22
6 x 10/22
6 x 8/17.6
4 x 5/11
Single db weight listed.

Back to boxing class on Friday morning. Learning the hook proved more complicated than expected. My biggest challenge on all punches is relaxing my shoulders and keeping them relaxed. I can pretend I'm neither stressed nor tense, but the shoulders tell a different story.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Bud Gibson said...

Congratulations! I guess you have a bit more work to go, but it's clear the transition has begun.

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

Hey! Let's see the graduation pictures!

and congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home