Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Goofy

I'm usually very serious in the gym, but once in a blue moon a session will have its goofy moments.

Guy #1: *grunts while doing bicep curls*
Guy #2: "This isn't a delivery room."
I stifled the sudden urge to say Amen.

Then there were the deadlifts.
4 x 34 Kg / 75 lbs
4 x 54 Kg / 119 lbs
5 x 67.5 Kg / 148.8 lbs I load the bar for the max set and go to find man-in-charge. As I come back to the rack, I hear one of the guys asking whose weight plates are on the bar. I don't think he wanted to deadlift, he just needed the 2.5Kg plates I was using.
Me (coming up behind him): "It's mine."
Guy: "Yours? You're going to lift all of that?"
Me (already laughing): "Can you think of a way to just lift half of it?"
5 x 62.5 Kg / 137.8 lbs
5 x 60 Kg / 132.3 lbs
4 x 35 Kg / 77.3 lbs

Lastly, there was PerfectSquatGuy, who was doing bench speedwork with about 100Kg/220lbs. While I was attempting to do gripwork he was doing imitations of stereotypical math teachers and making me laugh. Which is ok, because I managed to return the favour later on while he was doing cable curls. :-) Back to serious tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home