Saturday, June 03, 2006

Food Frustrations

Why the heck am I reverting to old food behaviour patterns? Eating as stress-relief? WTF is this, 2004? And no, the fact that what I'm eating is not garbage-food isn't making me any happier. What's making me angry is the damn habit of putting food in my mouth instead of dealing with what's really causing the stresses in my life. It's not the specific foods that I'm eating - although those can certainly use some improvement. Do you know how many veggies I had today? One. One lonely green pepper. How many fruit? One. One even lonelier green apple. [sarcasm]I'm sure I'm going to make great progress on the single veggie single fruit eating plan.[/sarcasm]

I'm pleased that I'm starting the new program tomorrow, because this will give me an incentive to kick my own nutritional butt. I'm annoyed at myself. Over the past couple of months, I've been saying that I want to drop some weight to facilitate the pullups. Have I done anything towards that goal? Nope. Nada. Nyet. Zilch. Zero. כלום Klum. (Klum being the Hebrew word for nothing, not a reference to the model.)

143 lbs is a vast improvement over 194 lbs, but it is not a healthy everyday weight for a 5'1 3/4'' woman. Even one who loves having muscle, thinks visible biceps are lovely, and has no desire to be slim-scrawny. 143 lbs is what I consider a nice and healthy pregnancy weight - if I ever get married and have children, that is. I'm thinking a 120 lbs year-round weight and a 143 lbs pregnant weight.

*Deep breath.*

Ok. Needed to get that out of my system.

*Goes off to re-read Alligator Stew for the Soul. Comes back.*

Speaking of the new program: here's what I'll be doing tomorrow.
Day I: Chest
Flat BP: Going back to flat after weeks of decline work, hoping all the rotator cuff work paid off and everything will be fine. Supersetted with sets of twist curls, legs straight, perpendicular to the ground.
Parallel bar dips: One day I'll be doing these weighted. For now, however, I just hope that I'll have enough in my triceps after the flat bench press to do one decent set. Supersetted with sets of stomach vaccuums.
Single Arm Pec Deck Flyes - keeping these from the previous program but moving them to #3 spot rather than #2. Supersetted with 1 minute cardio interval.
Seated incline db presses - also from the previous program, but at #4 rather than #3. Supersetted with 1 minute cardio interval.

Obviously not the kind of program that lends itself to stupid eating. Ok, I don't care how lousy it will be, I'm logging food today. More later.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Anonymous Bud Gibson said...

I lost a lot of weight three years ago. Gained a bit back due to comfort eating about a year ago and then trimmed down again once I got a hold on things.

My read is that it's the long term trend that is important. I've managed to keep myself in much better condition than before the first time I lost weight.

Just keep on trying to manage down. You made tremendous progress. BTW, have you revised your optimal weight number since you first started losing?

 
At 2:25 AM , Blogger Mich said...

I don't know if I have an optimal weight number. When I started, breaking 170 seemed huge, and the 160s seemed so far away, never mind anything below that.
120 is just a number that seems viable right now. Practically speaking, my optimal weight number will be the weight at which I'll be able to do multiple dips and pullups with perfect form, and bench press 1.25 bw, and squat and dl 2x bw, and feel healthy. I Don't know what that weight will be, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home