Thursday, June 15, 2006

Books and Bench Presses

Hebrew Book Week, a massive book fair that takes place all over Israel, ends on June 17th. I've read that it began 80 years ago with Hebrew Book Day, and then 45 years ago became Hebrew Book Week. The Jerusalem fair is at the old train station this year. Thus far I've bought a collection of poetry by Eliaz Cohen, a collection of essays and speeches by Abba Kovner, and the Hebrew translation of Frank Herbert's Dune. I was unable to finish it in the original English when I picked it up several years ago, and I thought it would be fun to try it in Hebrew instead. I'm planning to go one more time before the fair closes.

I'm tired. So what else is new? Gym tonight was good. Started the 5 rep microcycle with Day I:Chest, and got a compliment from one of the guys about how hard I work in the gym. Trying not to think about the fact in that in a month I'll have to leave here.

Tonight's flat bench press sets:
4 x 24 Kg / 52.9 lbs
4 x 37.5 Kg / 82.7 lbs
5 x 47.5 Kg / 104.7 lbs
5 x 42.5 Kg / 93.7 lbs
5 x 37.5 Kg / 82.7 lbs
4 x 25 Kg / 55.1

The dips are still improving. Apparently today's sets were a third of a dip, which is an improvement from the one sixth I started with and the one quarter I managed last time.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger Scott said...

I love book fairs. You've done incredibly well to come out of there with only three books - I have a tendency to go a bit mad at such things.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Ah, er, well, as to that, *cough* there was a follow-up visit tonight... details to follow.

The total as of Thursday was actually four books. I completely forgot about the Hebrew-Russian phrasebook I bought. I told the vendor that I wanted to understand more of what people were saying at my gym.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home