Friday, June 23, 2006

4 Rep Microcycle

Began the 4 rep microcycle on Wednesday night with Day I: Chest:
Flat BP
4 x 25 / 55.1
4 x 40 / 88.2
4 x 50 / 110.2
4 x 40 / 88.2 This was way too big a drop and felt very easy; should have gone to 45 instead.
4 x 40 / 88.2
4 x 25 / 55.1

No gym Thursday night because I went to a classmate's wedding. I wasn't stressing about it because Wednesday had been my fourth session for the week and there would be boxing on Friday. The wedding was held at Mul Hahar banquet hall on the Tayelet (Armon Hanaziv Promenade), which has a stunning view of Jerusalem. The bride looked absolutely gorgeous. The chuppah part was very sweet but quite long, lasting more than an hour. I ended up leaving shortly thereafter, around 8:30pm, because I was seated at an outdoor table for the dinner and not enjoying it: the wind was blowing my hair in my face, it was chilly, the mosquitos were starting to bite, and my feet hurt because I had spent over three hours standing in various lines at the US Consulate for my working visa application earlier that day. So I went home and went to bed early. I lucked out because one of my former teachers was leaving at the same time, so I got a ride with him and his wife back to my neighbourhood.

Up at 0600 this morning, and off to boxing class at 8:30am. More about the boxing after Shabbat.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Blogger chavaleh said...

But how did visa shopping go???

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Shopping isn't the right word because the only money involved is the application fee which you pay regardless of results, and the fee you pay to have your passport couriered back to you if they do grant the application.

They said yes. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home