Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tired

Very very tired. Lots of homework to do this week, stress due to the too-short time left until departure, and nowhere close to enough sleep. I'm still training, of course. As I keep telling newbies in the changeroom, if I only trained on days when I got sufficient sleep, food and water, I'd be in the gym once every two months.

Sunday was Day II: Back, Monday was Day III: Mostly Quads and tonight was Day IV: Hamstrings and Biceps, also known as Deads and Other Things. The three work sets on the deads were 2 x 10 x 55Kg/121.3lbs and 1 x 10 x 50Kg/110.2lbs. The 10 rep microcycle is done and I'm looking forward to doing Day I: Chest again, but this time with 8 reps for the work sets.

I'm working on a longer post that will describe the program in detail. It will be up Thursday morning.

Finished tonight's session in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Still way too slow. Each session should not take more than 1 hour and ten minutes at the most.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger Steph said...

argh, from someone who is also in mid-move i fully understand! Funny comment about the fruit and veggies in an earlier post, as in New Zealand they are fresh, seasonal and mainly local. Some of the mainstream citrus comes from elsewhere at certain times of year, but much of it is NZ grown.

Sadly in the UK in the supermarkets you seem to get a ready selection of 'all year round' fruit, which has spent half its existence in a chiller on it's way from some far flung place. And indeed is full of styrofoam goodness.

Ach well, better get used to it while I'm still here, Temarillo or Feijoa, anyone?

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger M@rla said...

You're good - lack of sleep is the one factor that can derail me from my workout. I'll try to remember you next time I'm wimping out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home