Monday, May 22, 2006

Birthday

I was very tired yesterday. I got home from school and after doing the running around for books and such, I was on the verge of going straight to bed. But there were two birthday cards waiting for me in the mailbox. One was a frog and toad card from my sister, the other was from my gym.

How could I possibly skip a night at a gym that sends me birthday cards, eh?

So I went in and did Day II: Back, and although I was running out of steam by the end, the partial pull ups are improving (30 cms to go!) and the pulldowns are almost back at what they were when I was doing them unpreceded by pullups.

The actual birthday was today, and you know the universe is smiling on you when Day III: Squats lands on your birthday. :-) Couldn't have planned it better myself. The squats, by the way, were:
6 x 25 Kg /55.1 lbs
6 x 40/88.2
7 x 50/110.2
7 x 47.5/104.7
7 x 42.5/93.7
12 x 25/55.1
There were rows before and lunges after, but this was the highlight for me.

I had phone calls and e-mails from assorted relatives, my parents sent an e-card and a big bouquet of flowers, my study partner brought a cake to our morning class (poppyseed and chocolate glaze) and my fellow students in that morning class sang Happy Birthday to me in Hebrew. So overall it was a very good day.

My focus for the next few months will be nutrition. I'm slowing down my progress (stopping in its tracks, really) with too many little carbohydrate blips. A can of cola here, extra bread there (just because it is 100% whole wheat with flaxseeds doesn't mean it should be a food group). If I was as serious about my nutrition as I am about my training, I'd probably have that pull up by now. First item on the agenda, ramp up the veggies. Over the past few weeks they've appeared at only 50% of my meals. Not ideal. Onwards and upwards.

By the way, if anyone is short for inspiration these days, check out the May 12, May 15 and May 19 pictures at CrossFit. (Annoyingly, I can't link directly to them, you have to go over and use the calendar at the upper right corner.

5 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger JuliaMazal said...

Can I get a happy?

HAPPY!

Can I get a birthday?

BIRTHDAY!

Say it all together now...

 
At 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's still Monday here, so my HAPPY BIRTHDAY still counts!!! Woohoo!!! You're next baligan shake at the bolinat is on me! =)

Getting ready to lose my all my money in Vegas!!!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Happy birthday girlie! So glad you had squat day, that makes it perfect.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Scott said...

A belated Happy Birthday from sunny Sydney (ahhh...warmth). Nice squats btw.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der ┼íteg) said...

happy birthday!
(your exercise diligence is making me jealous)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home