Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Decline BP at 70% of Bodyweight

Great way to kick off the 6 rep microcycle: do 6 x 45Kg / 99.2 lbs as the max set on the decline bench press, and follow up with 6 x 40Kg / 88.2 lbs for work sets 2 and 3. I know that decline bp is not equivalent to flat bp, it's apparently about 10% less, but I'll take it, especially since the shoulder was not complaining. I was sharing the decline bench with one of the guys, and the exchanges went very fast, as we were both loading and unloading the bar as needed.

After the decline bp I did the single arm pec deck flyes, 6 x 27Kg / 59.5 lbs for the max set, then incline db presses using 11 Kg / 24.3 lbs dbs for the max set. The last exercise was incline skull crushers with a tricep bar - 6 x 20Kg / 44 lbs. Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't do anything after the max set, which was a pity because I felt I could have done the same weight multiple times.

Found out that the gym will have shorter hours during Pesach, 8am-8pm.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Bud Gibson said...

Good to see the shoulder coming back. My experience with declines is that I can do more, just about 10% more weight than flat. Is that what you mean here? Inclines are less than flat, for me at least.

Your weights are sounding good. You've clearly made progress.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Scott said...

I haven't done declines in months, but I seem to remember them being a bit less than a flat bench. I guess it just depends on relative strengths of muscle groups.

By the way, I like it when people express their performance as a % of bodyweight. Much easier to relate to that way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home