Thursday, March 30, 2006

In Brief

Of course I worked out on Monday night. Since when is getting only 3 hours and 47 minutes of sleep the night before a good reason to not deadlift? Tuesday night the gym was closed because of election day, and I hosted a little party for my classmates celebrating the completion of the Talmud chapter we've been studying (the 8th chapter of Tractate Bava Kama). Last night, still sleep-deprived, I had a good Day I session (Chest). I stayed with the modifications from the last Day I, so no flat bench, but the decline bench was fine. 42.5Kg went up smoothly, with nary an objection from my right shoulder.

Eating has been reasonably clean, even Tuesday. Because I was hosting the party I could control the majority of the food, but people brought a lot of yummy things. Still, I limited the damage to honey cookies; 5g fat per 100g, and I ate four cookies, or 50g. I took a single bite from a heath bar brownie that my study partner made, but it was too intense for me. Some things I can't eat anymore. The apartment is free of leftovers; flatmate #2 and I took all the remaining goodies school with us and put them on the hefqer table. Hefqer is a Hebrew word that means 'ownerless' or 'has no legal owner' and the hefqer table is where we put food that anyone is welcome to take. Since Pesach is just over a week a way, people have been enthusiastically getting rid of their leavened foods, and the hefker table has been full of assorted cakes, cookies, candies, breads....

I've been remiss in blogging the food, but I've been swamped with school work. I'm spending my entire Pesach vacation working on papers, and hope to find myself less stressed at the end of the vacation.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Bud Gibson said...

Having been this route, declines will be easier on the shoulder, BUT the wrong angle on these can really mess up the shoulder worse than anything. If your arms come past vertical toward your head (because you are tilting your shoulders back for instance), things can go really bad.

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Is anything upsetting the shoulder at the moment? Or have you managed to avoid the main offenders?

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Mich said...

Bud - Form's been good on the declines, so no problem, but it's a good point to keep in mind.

Scott - So far everything's been ok (knock on wood). It still doesn't feel 100%, but there's been no pain. It feels "different", if that makes any sense. I was able to do arm rotations in my warmup today with no problem, so that's progress. I've also been doing RC exercises every day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home