Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Gym Last Night

There was no gym session on Sunday and there will be no gym on Sundays for the rest of the semester, as the evening will be taken up by regular meetings with one of my Hebrew U profs. I'm doing a tutorial this semester; basically an individual research project that allows me to research something of interest to me and produce a 40+ page paper. To that end, I have to meet with the supervising professor 12 times during the semester.

I went to the gym last night and did the modified Day II: Quad Dom. The squats, leg extensions and calf raises were fine. The lunges, which I do right after squats, are where the layoff really showed, with a significant deterioration of form and strength. Lunges are not my favourite exercise by any stretch of the imagination but I intend to keep them in the next program. First, I need single leg work, and second, they are a gut-check sort of exercise, because the tendency is to ease off a little after the squats are done, and if I have to stay in the rack and do the lunges there will be no easing off. The music was Rammstein, which was very useful.

No school tomorrow due to the Jewish holiday of Purim (link via Kesher Talk). I'm going to catch up and get ahead on my readings, then meet friends for a festive meal. Purim is a holiday where you send your friends mishloach manot, or a gift consisting of at least two yummy foodstuffs, so there are assorted chocolates and candies coming my way. I am thinking of reciprocating with organic granola bars, dark chocolate and fruit. :-)

2 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Wow, I remember you writing about mishloach manot last year! We've been around a long time...

Commenting on a few posts back: the only person who has ever asked me HOW I lost weight was my doctor (my gynecologist, actually). She was interested to hear that I didn't use a specific diet. She said that confirmed her experience of those who successfully lose and keep it off.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Mich said...

We have :-) Friday is my one year blogiversary; I'm trying to think of something wise to write...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home