Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mitigating Stress

I been extremely worried about some university matters and this has taken up far too much of my mental energy over the past 48 hours. For the record, I am much better than I was during my first degree, when I was a bundle of nerves for four+ years and kept myself calm by stuffing food down my throat. It worked, but there were (ahem) side-effects.

Mitigation strategy was to eat super clean yesterday - there was cottage cheese, there was a tuna can, there were many fruit and veggies. I also managed 3.5 L of water and at least five cups of green tea. There's something to be said for having a box of green tea bags accessible at all times.

Decent chest-shoulders-triceps session last night. Might add it to the post later - depends on how the day goes. Meanwhile, here's another picture: columns at the entrance to the Dormition Abbey (where Catholics believe Mary fell asleep and was assumed into heaven. Dormition from the French verb dormir: to sleep).

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Working out is always a great way to relieve some of the stress. I like doing deadlifts when stressed; the heaviest weights and the most noise :)

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger chaos said...

Wow, another great shot Mich. I know the university stress. I could barely breathe those days between turning in my thesis and hearing it was accepted. Whew, I get nervous just thinking about it!

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger K said...

I feel for you on the stress... I know exactly how that feels.

That picture is beautiful! I've never seen carving like that actually on the upright of a column before...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home