Monday, December 26, 2005

Last Night: Quad Dom

My workout log only has a few pages left; it's a little black notebook my sister brought back with her from vacation, and I've looked in stores here for the same notebook with no luck. It's not a big deal, obviously, any notebook will do, but this one was the perfect size and it was sewn rather than stapled/spiral, so it was more durable. What do folks out there use to log their workouts?

Last night's session: Day II: Quad Dom
(Here's the last Day II for comparison.)

Squats (supersetted with stomach vaccuums)
6 x 22.5Kg / 49.6 lbs
6 x 36 Kg / 79.4 lbs
7 x 45 Kg / 99.2 lbs
7 x 42.5 Kg / 93.7 lbs
7 x 42.5 Kg / 93.7 lbs
12 x 22.5 Kg / 49.6 lbs

Man-in-charge pointed out that the last set of each exercise has a different tempo than the first five. The first five are 2-0-1-0 (think of it as a slow waltz, 1-2-3), and the last set is 5-0-1-0, which makes up for the lower weight. He was under the impression that he wrote that on my program somewhere, but it wasn't there. It certainly makes the last set more interesting, especially on squats.

Lunges (supersetted with leg lifts on bench)
6 x 20 Kg / 44 lbs
6 x 20 Kg / 44 lbs
7 x 25 Kg / 55 lbs
7 x 25 Kg / 55 lbs
7 x 20 Kg / 44 lbs
12 x 20 Kg / 44 lbs

Single leg pistols on a counterweight machine which assists the exercise in the same way that a gravitron is used for people who can't yet do pullups. Man-in-charge explained the weight settings to me last night, but I'm not sure I have it correctly so I will ask again next time. It has to do with a % of my weight. Supersetted with side curls off the bench.

Gripper (supersetted with 2 minute sideways box jumps)
6 x 6.25 Kg / 13.8 lbs
6 x 10 Kg / 22 lbs
7 x 12.5 Kg / 27.6 lbs
7 x 11.25 Kg / 24.8 lbs
7 x 11.25 Kg / 24.8 lbs
12 x 6.25 Kg / 13.8 lbs

3 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Notebook : I always have one all-purpose notebook which I carry around everywhere, for sudden brainwaves, shopping lists, sketches and gym workouts. Everything gets blogged anyway (the gym stuff, that is) so I'm less than fussy when it comes to the temporary scribblings. Any old scrap would do.

 
At 1:34 AM , Blogger JuliaMazal said...

Was is the "moleskin"? They sell them everywhere here now. I can get you more! I'll email you a link, if I find one.

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Mich said...

Yup, that was the one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home